- Viaduct Sheet Metal Ltd. was incorporated in March of 1988
- First shop – 1,500sf on Express St. in Lake City, Burnaby (10’ power brake, slitter, 8’ hand brake, button lock machine) – 3 people on staff
- 1991 – grew to 4,500sf and a staff of 15-20
- 1998 – moved to 12,500sf in Cloverdale, sales doubled almost immediately then
- 2007 – 23,000sf in Cloverdale (1 block from old shop) – 90 people employed at Viaduct
- State of the art facility
- 5’ cut to length line
- Spiral Machine
- Elbow Machine
- 3 plasma cutters
- 2 CAD – 3D stations (New technology used on the West Chevron Airport Expansion, the Convention Centre Expansion, and the new Holt Renfrew store at Pacific Centre)
- 2 Quickpen estimating stations
The Business We Are Creating
As Viaduct looks forward to 2011 and beyond, we will be the premier contractor that mechanicals, generals and engineers choose for their institutional, commercial and high-rise residential needs in the lower mainland.
Our bonus and profit sharing programs will ensure that efficiencies at all aspects of our business will be sought out and incorporated.
The Purpose Our Business Will Serve
The mission of Viaduct contains three essential elements:
- Growth with profit
- Control what is sold
- Control how it is sold
- Control how it is planned
- Control how it is built and installed
- Monitor the results, manage the process not the people
- Diversification through continuously broadening the fields we work in
- Developing and maintaining a workforce of skilled and experienced people to manage our growth and diversification
The Vision Our Business Will Pursue
Viaduct will be recognized as the leading provider of ventilation systems for commercial, institutional and high-rise residential projects at the right price and a quality that the customer expects and deserves.
Viaduct will project an image of professionalism and order from the first contact through to the project completion. Prospects and clients will encounter a team atmosphere from all members of the staff, and an attitude of genuine caring and interest in their needs, concerns and dreams for their projects.
We will promote industry related educational opportunities through which each employee will be able to increase their personal and professional knowledge.
Viaduct’s bonus plan will ensure all employees are rewarded for performance. Viaduct’s profit sharing plan will ensure every employee (not available to pre-apprentices) shares in the success of the Company as a whole.
We believe that through our commitment to growth, diversification, education and proper compensation that Viaduct will be a rewarding and much sought after place of employment. The focus of the business will be to do things right the first time, correct problems or mistakes promptly and leave the customer with a feeling of satisfaction that they have received good quality at a good price, installed by professionals and backed by real concern for their project.